Windows released its recent update on the 21st of May, which would be currently available for download from the Windows Update Servers from each and every computer system respectively.
However, in some of the PCs, it has been seen that the latest update of Windows is not getting downloaded as well as installed for any reason whatsoever.
Below mentioned are some of the methods where you can easily find out about some of the solutions which might help you to overcome this Windows Update Service update failure.
Method 1: Making Windows download from the scratch for the v1903 update
Step 1: Delete the Windows update folder
In order to delete the Windows Update folder, perform the following steps as mentioned below:
- Press the Windows + R key to open the Run dialog box
- Type in the service.msc command
- From the provided list of service, select the Windows Update service
- Right-click on the same and click on Stop
- Close the pop-up window
- Open File Explorer and move on to C:\Windows folder
- Locate the folder named as SoftwareDistribution and delete the same
- Restart your system
Step 2: Download and try to install the latest version of Windows again
- After your system has restarted, open settings in your PC and go to Update and Security option
- Click on Check for Updates
- In the end, let windows re-download and re-install the latest version of Windows all over again
Method 2: Install the latest version of Windows with the help of the Upgrade Assistant
In order to help your system to get the updated version of Windows follows all of the step as mentioned above in the Step 1 section, then perform the following steps:
- Go to Windows 10 download site and click on the Update Now button
- You will be provided with a file named as “Windows10Upgrade9252.exe” which you can either run immediately or save as per your need.
- After running the program, click on the Update Now button which will be providing you with the latest version of Windows as per your requirement.
Method 3: Install the latest version of Windows with an in-place Upgrade
- Download and install the Media Creation Tool for Windows and create a USB where the installation of Windows 10 media would be stored
- Disconnect from the Network Services
- Plugin your USB drives onto your desktop or laptop.
- Run the file named as “Setup.exe”
- Your System should be updated after the installation process has been completed